Friday, December 21, 2007

I must be crazy...

I've been doing some sole searching this year, not necessarily by choice. I'm not very comfortable yet turning 30. I know, I'm not turning 30 for another 2 years and 4 months, but it relay has been weighing on my mind, a lot! I am so disappointed at where I am in life. I relay have the early life crisis. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, I'm stuck at a job that has no satisfaction what so ever. The only thing enjoyable about my life is my relationships, but sometimes even those are not enough for a person. Yes, I can be greedy and I do feel justified in being so at this moment in time. (but that's another story).

So what is a girl to do?

I've decided to take a little initiative in the active quest to do something significant before I hit the age of 30. Something that is within my control, something that is not dependent upon someone esle's decision. What is this something significant? Something crazy I tell you. I have decided that I'm going to run a half marathon. Me, the lazy ass who hasn't run since she was 18. I'm giving myself until December 2009 to get my squishy tush in shape. I don't imagine that it would be physically possible for me to do it this year (okay, 2008), and since this is such a huge step for me, I thought I'd give myself a little extra time to actually accomplish this. There shall be no wussing out. I need to stay motivated.

So I am putting out a challenge. Anyone interested in joining me, training with me? It's a 13 mile run/walk at a 16 minute mile. That's a nice brisk walk for anyone who's interested. My goal, to run the whole darned thing. I'll leave the challenge up to you. If your interested, I'll tell you where I'm going for this crazy fun time. Here's a hint.

2 comments:

Hillary (Mrs. Einstein) said...

Yup! You're crazy. It's official.

See you in 2 days!

Fabulously un Fabulous said...

I am crazy, but I feel almost more excited than Christmas being here in 3 days about doing this. Give me a few weeks and I may start to question my own sanity.