Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Spicy! (To be said spysay)

Here's a random blog for you.

Saturday we took a trip to World Spice in Seattle. What an amazing spice store. They have almost any kind of spice or tea you could think of. We spent a pretty penny there picking out spices and mixes. The cupboard smells heavenly of the Vietnamese cinnamon (cassia) that we bought. I could just stand in front of the cupboard all day long, taking long, luxurious inhales. It's like crack, seriously.

We bought a jerk spice rub (not this isn't dirty, Tony), that had all the promise in the world, smelled like good ol' traditional jerk seasoning. We tried it out on Monday night. Marinaded the chicken in the rub and some rum (that was one of their suggestions). It had all the heat of jerk, but none of the flavor. Sigh. I suppose I'll have to make a special trip to Jamaica just to get some good ol' traditional jerk chicken. It was like the seasoning was all habanero and nothing else. This was a spicy chicken, no wonder my tummy still burned the next morning!

If anyone out there has a good jerk recipe, please pass it on. I'd love to try it!

1 comment:

Hillary (Mrs. Einstein) said...

Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I have one! It's Dad tried and approved, too.